Wednesday, November 7

19th birthday

I received this lovely sweater from Romwe on my birthday (the 5th, perfect timing!) and am extremely pleased. Not only does it have the perfect slouchy fit, it's warm, made of nice material, and edgy with the spikes :).  Mint is also a very hot color these days and I'm glad I got a piece of the popular rainbow pie before everyone and their mom start manufacturing mint themed everything.  I wouldn't call it selling out (when high fashion trickles down full force to the main stream-for example, oh Lindsay Lohan wore a high waist belt and a few other celebrities have too? Well Rue 21, Forever 21, Urban, Topshop..etc lets alllllll make them until everyone gets tired of buying them) because obviously "high fashion" or one of a kind chic clothing styles can't just forever stay exclusive. Fashion is a public thing, styles are created not only by designers but of course by the many, many people that view fashion and style as an art and mold it that way.


   
click the sweater to buy




Since it was my birthday, I decided to actually put forth effort on my nails-the cold weather lately has had me hiding my hands to stay warm so having bare nails wasn't weird to me until I looked at them Monday morning disgraced. I used Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail stickers in "Bling It On" (pink glitter) I have used them once before-leopard print, and I even conserved them so I could apply them to my toes too. That definitely works, by the way.  The stickers are so easy to use I don't even have to utilize the free nail file included in the package. Before I began the process this time, I procrastinated  a lot because I didn't remember how easy and quick nail stickers are and the best part is they look better than real nail polish. No bubbles, no colored smears on fingers, & no imperfections.
For my birthday my parents took me out to a nice dinner the night before and supplied me with a lot of nice gift cards, my distant relatives sent emails, and went to see Bassnectar at night! The show conveniently fell on my birthday. I also decided to treat myself to a Karmaloop mini shopping spree and am very, very excited for my package to arrive.  I'll do a whole "Karmaloop hauls" post :).

 I hope your Monday was as pleasant as mine was 





Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments: