Tuesday, September 11

go ask alice


My name is Alissa but I was named after Alice in Wonderland-in Russian.  The translation simply didn't go through exactly. Last weekend I had a random epiphany that Alice can be my style muse, with aspirations to also look like a fairy.  I don't know where all of this fantastical inspiration came from but I'm really excited to start stocking up on some interesting, ethereal pieces!  The book, Go Ask Alice, clearly isn't within the same category even as Alice in Wonderland, but coincidentally I read this book that weekend and evisioned the Alice, in that book, to have a similar style as the original Alice.  This is said in no twisted way-what happened in Go Ask Alice was tragic but I thought that Alice was beautiful the whole time.

Anyway, I picked these shorts up at Urban Outfitters ($49) before this epiphany, and I just found them to match the persona of the magical person I am trying to emulate with my outfits perfectly! I also wore them to see Pretty Lights :).  The bow was a random find and a fitting touch.

LB FINALLY launched an iPhone app.  For a while I've been hoping for an app that allows you to upload looks from a mobile phone, however I didn't really want exactly that as it would deter from the overall quality and "masterpiece-y" feel of the site if it got polluted with mirror pictures etc.  I just wanted to upload my camera files to LookBook from my phone because I usually edit photos at odd times that I dont particularly want to post at.  Anyhow the app is not much more useful than the mobile site. It has a cute interface though!








0 thoughts:

Post a Comment