Saturday, October 15

rainy days

rain boots!!!













Since it's been raining so much here, I thought I would research rain boots.  I really need a pair. The sperry color boots are really nice, I want them in every color! After a while of hunting on polyvore I started daydreaming about towering wedge rain boots, unfortunately, the highest ones I found were by Hunter (exclusively-there isn't a huge market for those) and pretty expensive.  I wish I could just design my own things and have them manufactured.. lol.   I'll probably be getting mine off eBay.. wish I could afford more than that, even Zappos lol.

I sketched my dream pair using Sketchbook Pro on my iPad.   It's not intended to be a real fish, its only inspired from 70's disco dancing shoes.  It's really sad cause they did have real fish in their heels and the fish would get really banged up :( I'd never encourage such a thing.
I really like this style of fashion drawing, well its not as developed yet as I dont have drawn models or anything, but I think it conveys a clear idea of the desired outcome/look.  Pretty soon I'm just going to draw base figures to reuse and since Sketchbook Pro has layers, draw my clothing designs on top of them.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment dear. I like your new blog. Going to check it out regularly. X
    Thanks for following.

    www.lillylia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe i should get boots too. :)
    followed you on bloglovin too.

    http://www.heymiss.info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sketch is adorable! The fish looks kind of like a edible goldfish, so that made me think of a pair of rain boots decorated in goldfish print. LOL! That's sad about the real fish -- I ha no idea that was possible/done! I've never worn rain boots, but I'm going to consider it. It's been raining a fair amount around here.

    http://www.atavisions.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg fish print!!! I have never really appreciated fish beauty but I will start! And, I haven't worn rain boots either. Always thought they were too tacky but they are very practical for the "marshland" around here :)

    Thanks for all your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i laugh with the last picture with the fish,its so funny! I like most of those boots!
    Come and visit my blog and if you like it then why dont why follow each other?
    Have a nice day!♥
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is time that I get a pair of rain boots. I'm so tired of getting my pants wet when it decides to pour.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love wearing fun rainboots on dreary days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love boots!
    Kiss*

    http://fashionsisters-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete