Tuesday, May 28

my first birchbox



A few days ago I received my first birchbox:) If you keep up with my blog you'll know I got really interested in subscription boxes about 2 months ago, and Glossybox was my first one. Obviously I want to try many different kinds out (I mean, I'm a sucker for travel sized things even if they're only one time samples. Especially by cute brands like Tigi and Urban Decay etc. that is my taste) so I signed up for the Birchbox wait list about four-five weeks ago, got invited approximately two weeks and a half weeks later and promptly received my box after that. I forgot to fill out a profile for them to pick the products best suited to me for me however, I have no complaints this box hit all the bases with me which rules at a measly $10 shipped;).
The first photo of my little collage is a photo of the whole box and the things in it, namely the Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk. The full size is $18 and I got a travel size, which is perfect because I just started going to a lot of summer music festivals where camping is involved. It smells AMAZING especially for dry shampoo, and the aerosol gust it emits is so powerful that it immediately makes me feel cleaner (placebo or not I definitely like to feel clean). I was super happy to get this. The next photo is of the sample of Paul and Joe Beauté Moisturizing Foundation Primer which has an SPF of 15. The little bottle is so adorable and again, perfect for me...but mainly because I don't really use primer. It makes my face feel odd (full size: $35).  Next I saw the little spray sample of Isaac Mizrahi's "FABULOUS" perfume, which is now almost gone because I like it so much ;) the full size is also cheap; anywhere between $20 and $69 the Birchbox pamphlet reads.
After that, I sampled eye cream by Supergoop! that has an SPF of 37 and is "anti-aging", not a unique trait of an eye cream but man I just love eye creams theyre so overpriced and promise such good things (who doesn't want to deflect signs of aging?!) that I consider dropping upwards of $200 for a few ounces of the stuff-BUT ONLY FOR A MINUTE.[ EYE CREAM IS A CRAZY WHACK INVENTION WITH A TERRIBLY HIGH PROFIT MARGIN FOR THOSE WHO MAKE AND SELL IT.] HOWEVER, the full size of this eye cream/sun protectant is only $45. What a surprise, right?!

  Lastly, I noticed a few ketchup lookin packets that were full of lotion and of course rejoiced some more. I like when beauty products talk about, boldly, on their packaging, oats being in them and therefore fortifying them organically. It's a more entertaining thought to think of than any other one I might have while applying lotion. It's a mundane task, really, unless you have interesting creams. And now I do lol. 




OVERALL RATING OUT OF 10
price ($10 shipped): 9
quality (med): 7.5
professionalism: 9
packaging: 9 

I am definitely subscribing to next months Birchbox! :)

& expect my second Glossybox review later..it's out for delivery :P



                                                           
Follow Me on Pinterest

                                                  LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE

 


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment